This is the third school week and I have been taught of
the topic of conjunction, disjunction, negation, and implication.
Benefitting from the last two
lectures, I spotted that I was able to write English sentences in symbols and
this was what we learned during this week’s CSC165 class. Yes, it was kind of
confusing at the beginning of this course because it was required to know the
exact meaning of logical symbols such as ∀ (stands for ‘all’), ∃ ( stands for
‘some’), ^ (‘and’), and ∨ (‘some’). I was quite
unsure at the beginning of this week because I rarely used that symbols before,
but it was getting better after I practiced.
In my perspective,
CSC165 has been focused on logic so far which means that all the questions set
and exercises we did during tutorial sessions are still about Venn Diagram or
converting sentences into symbols. For the quiz I attempted from last tutorial,
I didn’t get the first question because it was quite tricky to tell whether an
“O” (stands for ‘empty’) should be put into the common area of P and L. And for
this week’s tutorial, a question about converting sentence into symbols was
given.
So far, I was quite
happy about studying CSC165. Although it could be considered that I almost had
no programming background at all, I was still glad to see the progress I have
made so far.
没有评论:
发表评论