Hey, this is the fourth school week and we have learned the idea of contradiction, existence, and sequences. Besides, the idea of associating, distribution, and De Morgan’s method were taught.
Everything seems to be getting better in this week. Although
I didn’t get a pleased mark from last tutorial quiz, I spotted myself was able
to understand the concepts after TA had went over all of the questions.
Moreover, this week’s tutorial quiz was not that hard -- it just asked to prove
for a symbolic form.
The main idea of this week’s lecture is to prove two
statements are equivalent or not. Personally, I spotted a pattern: the
questions are always based on P => Q, and that is equivalent to ¬ P∨Q.
Therefore, I think the key idea of this concept is to figure out the precedence
of an equation, such as the question to prove “ P=> (Q => ( R=> S) is
equivalent to (P∧Q∧R)
=>S (the second question on tutorial 3 ) ”. If we begin with the left-side
part, you have to consider R=>S, which is the stuff in the bracket first,
and only later, it will come to Q = > the result of R=>S.
However, one thing I still find difficult with is that it is
going to take me some time to prove it by my own. Yes, after the TA has gone
over all of the questions and came with an explanation, I felt like I
understood everything. However, if it is my turn, I’ll probably forget the following
steps. Therefore, more practices and more careful observations are still needed
for me.
Demorgan is a wizard!!! proving by contradiction is really fun tho
回复删除True, as long as you get the main idea
删除